Around the world there are many individuals who face human rights violations and are afraid to return to their native or home countries. In these situations you may qualify for a Refugee Claim Application.
Some examples of refugee claims can be for the following reasons:
- Membership in a particular social group *
- Political Opinion
- Risk to Life
The eligibility of the refugee is determined based on
- Proof of persecution
- Inability to be protected by the police or state
- Proper reason for being persecuted
- Individual not safe anywhere, in his/her country
In addition, Canada allows groups and individuals to sponsor qualified refugees.
There are also, outside of Canada applications available for:
- Government Sponsored Refugees
- Privately Sponsored Refugees
- Self Supporting Refugees