Permanent Resident Status

Permanent Resident Status

If you are seeking to be united with your family members abroad, you can make this dream a reality through its Family Class Sponsorship Class. Spouses, common-law partners, parents and grandparents, dependent children and potentially other relationships are considered under the Family Class sponsorship.

Sponsor is required to sign an undertaking to provide financial support for the sponsored person/s’ with basic requirements like food, clothing, shelter etc; from the day they enter Canada until the term of the undertaking ends. The undertaking is a contract between the sponsor and CIC that the sponsor will repay the government for any social assistance payments made to the sponsored person. Sponsor remain obligated to the undertaking agreement for the entire period of the contract, even in a change of circumstances such as marital breakdown, separation, divorce, or a financial change in circumstances.

In the case of a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, a sponsor is required to sign an undertaking to reimburse the federal or provincial governments from the date in which they become a permanent resident for the period of three years.

In the case of a child under the age of 19 years, of the sponsor or the spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, the obligation commences on the day that the child becomes a permanent resident of Canada for the period of 10 years or until the child reaches the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier.

In the case of a dependent child over the age of 19 years, of the sponsor or the spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, the obligation commences on the day that the dependent child becomes a permanent resident, for a period of three years.

In the case of parents and grandparents, the sponsorship obligation is for a period of 20 years from the date in which the member of the family class becomes a permanent resident. For all other family members, the obligation is of a duration of 10 years.

Image module

Sponsors living outside Canada:

Canadian citizens living outside of Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children without dependent children of their own, who have not been convicted of an offense causing bodily harm, provided that they are able to demonstrate that they will reside in Canada after the landing of their sponsored person/s.

Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor their family from outside Canada. Furthermore, a spouse or common-law partner in Canada may only file an in-Canada application to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner if they are cohabiting in Canada; otherwise, the application must be filed through a visa office. These are areas which give rise to various complexities and challenges for sponsor.

We are here to help you with the sponsorship undertaking and contact us at (416) 281 2930 or info@avnicanada.com

Permanent Resident
Eligible for Permanent Status
If you are looking to eligible to live in Canada and you are unsure of the process to apply for PR status, call us we can help.
Family visiting relatives in Canada, Visitor Visa
Landed Immigrant status
If you are interested in applying for a Permanent status or you are unsure you qualify, call us we can help.
Applying for PR in Canada
Applying for PR in Canada
The new Canadian Immigration selection system makes the immigration process quicker and easier, call us we can help.
Immigration consulant offers Permanent resident services
PR Card Renewal
Are in the process of renewing your Permanent Resident card, Call us we can help
Canadian Experience Class
Temporary Resident Status
Do you have Temporary residency in Canada. Kindly review our website and contact us.
Student applying for international visa
Student Visa
The application process depends on many factors such as type of application. Call us we can help with your Student Visa.

Open for
our visitors

We are an immigration consulting company providing immigration consultation and various other related services. Mr. Namu Ponnambalam who is an experienced licensed immigration consultant oversee all applications.

Address: 1193A Brimley Road, Suite #1, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 3G5, Canada

Business Phone: 1 (416) 281-2930

Office / Fax:  1 (647) 748-5004

Email: info@avnicanada.com                

Tell us
we are here to help