Spousal Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship

If you are seeking to be united with your family members abroad, you can make this dream a reality through its Family Class Sponsorship Class. Spouses, common-law partners, parents and grandparents, dependent children and potentially other relationships are considered under the Family Class sponsorship.

Sponsor is required to sign an undertaking to provide financial support for the sponsored person/s’ with basic requirements like food, clothing, shelter etc; from the day they enter Canada until the term of the undertaking ends. The undertaking is a contract between the sponsor and CIC that the sponsor will repay the government for any social assistance payments made to the sponsored person. Sponsor remain obligated to the undertaking agreement for the entire period of the contract, even in a change of circumstances such as marital breakdown, separation, divorce, or a financial change in circumstances.

In the case of a spousal sponsorship, common-law partner or conjugal partner, a sponsor is required to sign an undertaking to reimburse the federal or provincial governments from the date in which they become a permanent resident for the period of three years.

In the case of a child under the age of 19 years, of the sponsor or the spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, the obligation commences on the day that the child becomes a permanent resident of Canada for the period of 10 years or until the child reaches the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier.

In the case of a dependent child over the age of 19 years, of the spousal sponsorship, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, the obligation commences on the day that the dependent child becomes a permanent resident, for a period of three years.

In the case of parents and grandparents, the sponsorship obligation is for a period of 20 years from the date in which the member of the family class becomes a permanent resident. For all other family members, the obligation is of a duration of 10 years.

Spousal Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship living outside Canada:

Canadian citizens living outside of Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children without dependent children of their own, who have not been convicted of an offense causing bodily harm, provided that they are able to demonstrate that they will reside in Canada after the landing of their sponsored person/s.

Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor their family from outside Canada (this includes spousal sponsorship). Furthermore, a spouse or common-law partner in Canada may only file an in-Canada application for spousal sponsorship to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner if they are cohabiting in Canada; otherwise, the application must be filed through a visa office. These are areas which give rise to various complexities and challenges for sponsor.

We are here to help you with the sponsorship undertaking and contact us at (416) 269 5883 or info@avnicanada.com

Family sponsorship
Parent & Grandparents
If you are looking to travel to Canada and explore the country, visit family and make memories than the Canadian Visitor Visa may be the program for you.
Group of 5
Group of 5
If you are interested in applying for a Super Visa or are unsure if your family member qualifies for a Super Visa, please contact us.
Licensed Immigration Services in Toronto offers Refugee Status
Refugees Sponsorship
The new Canadian Immigration selection system called Refugee Sponsorship is to make the immigration process quicker and easier.
Care giver work visa
Care Giver
If you are not sure that you qualify as a Care Giver for Canada , give us a Call
Applying for citizenship
Applying for Citizenship can be time consuming. Need help call Avni Canadian
Immigration consulant offers Permanent resident services
Permanent Resident
The successful immigration process will land on a Permanent Resident status.

Open for
our visitors

We are an immigration consulting company providing immigration consultation and various other related services. Mr. Namu Ponnambalam who is an experienced licensed immigration consultant oversee all applications.

Address: 1193A Brimley Road, Suite #1, Scarborough, Ontario, M1P 3G5, Canada

Business Phone: 1 (416) 269-5883

Office / Fax:  1 (647) 748-5004

Email: info@avnicanada.com                

Tell us
we are here to help